Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hypocrite?

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

I don't know about you, but it is not uncommon for me to feel like a hypocrite. I try to walk the walk, and talk the talk, and yet so often I feel like I am just playing at being a Christian.  Perhaps not as often as I used to, but it is still there.

This prayer reminds me that I am not alone.  Many have had, and do have, the same affliction.  The devil loves to pounce on us after a failure and tell us we don't really believe what we profess to believe or else we wouldn't behave that way.  The key is to remember that we cannot get into heaven by virtue of our behavior - we cannot earn our way in.  We cannot earn what has already been purchased and offered to us fee of charge.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce



Lord Jesus Christ, You gave your life out of love for all people, and You encouraged your followers to do good to others. 
Over the years many Christians have found this difficult and I am no exception. 
I try, but it is so hard to have a loving attitude toward all---and then I feel hypocritical in claiming to follow You.

Help me, dear Lord, to really believe that Christian love is the greatest energy in the world. 
Let me see that this is not an emotion, but a central attitude of one's being---an attitude of service for others in Your Name. 
It is the result of your grace, and prompts us to will only good things for others as images of God. 
Grant that I may always strive to attain this attitude and so live up to the noble vocation to which I am called. Amen.




Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment