Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daily Prayer

Good Thursday morning, my friends.



How many sermons have you heard in your lifetime? 100? 1000? 5000? How many do you remember? Yeah, me too.

Have you ever been distracted during a sermon by the speakers mannerisms or perhaps a foreign accent? Any number of intrusions can cause us to lose focus and thus the gist of the message. Sometimes just listening to a particularly gifted speaker causes us to concentrate more on him/her than on the topic being discussed. Last night I heard some excellent, practical advice on this: Listen to the preacher, but HEAR from God. Isaiah 55:11 says:

so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

To me that means that anytime the Word is being read or proclaimed, God has a message for the reader/hearer. Open your heart and mind to what God is saying to YOU during that time. There is a message in there just for you - you just have to be listening for it.



Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce



Open my eyes to see,
my ears to hear,
and my heart to receive
the truth of Your Word.


Latriece Harper


(http://allsaintsanglican.net/2009/05/26/prayer-to-hear-gods-voice-from-latriece-harper/)

No comments:

Post a Comment