Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Family weddings!


Good Monday morning, my friends.

This weekend there were weddings in both my family and Rosemary's family.  Rosemary's nephew, Matthew, married his love, Michelle.  And my beautiful sister, Linda, married a wonderful man, Barry.  We are so happy for both couples and wish them a growing, loving, faithful, life-long marriage.  

If I were to dare offer advice to married couples, newly-weds or not-so-newly-weds, it would be this: do not try to "fix" each other.  Sure, you may have heard a wife say "This time I've fixed him for good!", but that doesn't really count.

Marriage was created by God to, among other things, help grow our character.  If we approach marriage with the attitude "I will focus on my faults and my spouse's needs" rather than the other way around, then God will bless our relationship and enable us to work together in His service, growing in love with each other and with Him.  I wish and pray this with my whole heart for Matthew and Michelle, and for Linda and Barry.  Please join me in this prayer.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


In joining your lives may God grant you both...

Love... to afford each other a special quality of time together.

Joy...in the accomplishments of one another.

Understanding...that your interests and desires will not always be the same.

Friendship...based on mutual trust.

Courage...to speak of a misunderstanding and to work on a solution before the setting of the sun.

Compassion...to comfort each other in pain and sorrow.

Foresight...to realize rainbows follow rainy days.

Imagination...to keep with you part of the child you used to be.

Mirth...from your sense of humor.

Awareness...to live each day with the knowledge that there is no promise of tomorrow.

May God bless you and keep you in the Palm of His hand.



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment