Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Self-examination vs. God-examination


Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

Occasional self-examination in our lives is a good thing: reflecting on how we are doing in our relationship with God, our relationships with family and friends, our financial health, and any number of other areas.  Yes, self-examination is good; but God-examination is better.

If, as you read this prayer, you feel pangs of guilt - then give thanks that He is answering the prayer.  And don't skim over the first line (as I did the first time I read it) - it is important too.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce



Dear God, 

Thank You that I am still alive and able to enjoy this day You have given me. 

Would You do me a favor? Show me how well I am doing in keeping my word and my commitments. 
Examine the desires of my heart, the words of my mouth, and the actions I take (or don't take). 

Do I follow through like I should? 
Do I keep my commitments? 

Please help me to be trustworthy and dependable. 
Please forgive me where I have fallen short. 
Help me to not over commit myself and to think and pray before I speak and make commitments. 

May my thoughts, words, and actions bring glory to You and not disappointment or shame. 

I trust You and commit my thought life to You as well as my eyes, mouth, hands, and feet, that they may be about Your business. 

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.


From Prime Time with God, available at churchgrowth.org



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment