Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Exam week


Good Monday morning, my friends.

If you have kids in high school, as we do, there is a good chance they are writing exams this week.  This is a prayer for wisdom and knowledge that you can pray for them or even pass on to them.  But it is also a great prayer for those of us who may be a year or two beyond high school.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Give me O Lord, I pray Thee
firm faith, 
unwavering hope,
perfect charity.

Pour into my heart
the Spirit of wisdom and understanding
the Spirit of counsel and spiritual strength
the Spirit of knowledge and true godliness
and the Spirit of Thy holy fear.

Light eternal, shine in my heart
Power eternal, deliver me from evil
Wisdom eternal, scatter the darkness of my ignorance
Might eternal, pity me

Grant that I may ever seek Thy face
with all my heart and soul and strength;
and, in thine infinite mercy,
bring me at last to Thy holy presence
where I shall behold Thy glory
and possess Thy promised joys


St. Alcuin of York (735-804)





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment