Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The polar bear and the penguin


Good Thursday morning, my friends.

This morning I heard a joke:

Questions: What do you get when you cross a polar bear with a penguin?

Answer:  A polar bear!

It will come to you if you think about it for a minute :-)


In the days before I became a Christian, and even afterwards for a time, I felt I was the penguin and that Jesus was the polar bear.  Scriptures like Galatians 2:19-20 "For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." and 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" didn't help much.  My impression was that I would have to disappear and live this totally foreign, life - the life of someone else.

But the reality, as with many things in God, is completely the opposite of what I expected.  I find I am now more "me" than I ever have been.  I am becoming the "me" He created me to be.  When I did not know Christ I had to try to be someone I wasn't.  Do you know that feeling?  As I release control of more of my life (and often I have to release the same things daily) then I gain this greater sense of peace that I am on my way to becoming the person He wants me to be.  Are you allowing God to make those transitions in you?


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Dear Jesus,

Come into my heart. 
I give my life over to you. 
I know that you love me and accept me just as I am and I want you in my life. 
Make me into the person YOU created me to be.

In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment