Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fear and Courage

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

Fear is a great enemy of Christians, and one of the enemy's most effective tools.  The thought of sharing the Gospel with a family member or friend can paralyze me with fear - fear of rejection and ridicule; fear of loss of relationship.  My only hope of overcoming this fear is to ask God to strengthen me.  To realize that in my weakness, He brings strength (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).  If you suffer from fear on occasion (and who doesn't?) then lift with me this prayer request for courage.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce



Dear God, give me courage, 
for perhaps I lack it more than anything else.

I need courage before men against their threats 
and against their seductions.

I need courage to bear unkindness, 
mockery, contradiction.

I need courage to fight against the devil,
against terrors and troubles, temptations, 
attractions, darkness and false lights, 
against tears, depression, and above all fear.

I need Your help, dear God.

Strengthen me with Your love and Your grace.

Console me with Your blessed Presence 
and grant me the courage to persevere 
until I am with You forever in heaven. 





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment