Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Trust God, act justly, and love mercy


Good Monday morning, my friends.

This morning I was reading Psalm 112.  The verses below spoke to me:

Surely the righteous will never be shaken; 
   they will be remembered forever. 

They will have no fear of bad news; 
   their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD. 

Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; 
   in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. 

They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor, 
   their righteousness endures forever; 
   their horn will be lifted high in honor.

(Psalm 112:6-9)

This is a description of faith; the kind of faith I am growing in to.  More and more I am "trusting in the Lord" and less and less and do I have a "fear of bad news".  I am not there yet, but God is not finished with me yet either.

I am reminded me of another favourite passage - Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. 
   And what does the LORD require of you? 
To act justly and to love mercy 
   and to walk humbly with your God.

I believe this is a description of "the righteous" alluded to in the Psalm 112: those who trust God, act justly, and love mercy.  That is what the Lord requires of us.  When we are walking this path, there is nothing to fear.  The trick is to stay on the path.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


God our Father,
you conquer the darkness of ignorance
by the light of your Word.

Strengthen within our hearts
the faith you have given us;
let not temptation ever quench the fire
that your love has kindled within us.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. 

AMEN




Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment