Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Help me by Thy grace, that I fall not


Good Thursday morning, my friends.

We may be redeemed sinners, but we are still sinners none-the-less.  Sometimes, with the strength given us by the Holy Spirit, we can resist temptation.  Othertimes, not so much.  This prayer recognizes this reality, and asks God for assistance in all circumstances.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Lord, without Thee, I can do nothing; with Thee I can do all. 

Help me by Thy grace, that I fall not; 
Help me by Thy strength, to resist mightily the very first beginnings of evil, before it takes hold of me; 
Help me to cast myself at once at Thy sacred feet, and lie still there, until the storm be overpast; 
And if I lose sight of Thee, bring me back quickly to Thee, and grant me to love Thee better, for Thy tender mercy's sake. 

Amen.

-- E.B. Pusey


Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment