Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Pascal's prayer of surrender.


Good Monday afternoon, my friends.

Accepting Jesus Christ as our Saviour implies surrendering our lives to Him.  The prayer below by Blaise Pascal captures the essence of this surrender beautifully.  Use it to re-affirm your commitment today.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


O Lord, let me not henceforth desire health or life, except to spend them for Thee, with Thee, and in Thee. 

Thou alone knowest what is good for me; do, therefore, what seemest Thee best. 

Give to me, or take from me; conform my will to Thine; 
and grant that, with humble and perfect submission, and in holy confidence, I may receive the orders of Thine eternal Providence; 
and may equally adore all that comes to me from Thee; 
through Jesus Christ our Lord. 

Amen.

-- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment