Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Who can make trouble when Thou sendest peace?


Good Friday morning, my friends.

Who can make trouble when Thou sendest peace?  That is the last line of this beautiful prayer by Mrs. Lettie B. Cowman.  

The Good News is that God sends us peace.  He sent it in the form of His Son, and He sends it in the form of the Holy Spirit.  If we are not at peace, and frequently that is the case at least for me, we simply need to remember where to turn.  Looking at life from the perspective of Eternity, which is how we as Christians should view EVERYTHING, then peace comes naturally.  It's changing perspective in that moment of fury that is difficult.

Please remember the people of Japan in your prayers today also, in wake of the devastating 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunami they have endured.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce

p.s.  Don't forget to check out Forty Days With Jesus today as we journey through Lent.


He giveth quietness. O Elder Brother,
Whose homeless feet have pressed our path of pain,
Whose hands have borne the burden of our sorrow,
That in our losses we might find our gain.

Of all Thy gifts and infinite consolings,
I ask but this: in every troubled hour
To hear Thy voice through all the tumults stealing,
And rest serene beneath its tranquil power.

Cares cannot fret me if my soul be dwelling
In the still air of faith's untroubled day;
Grief cannot shake me if I walk beside thee,
My hand in Thine along the darkening way.

Content to know there comes a radiant morning
When from all shadows I shall find release,
Serene to wait the rapture of its dawning--
Who can make trouble when Thou sendest peace?



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment