Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Daily Prayer - The Accuser

Good Monday morning, my friends.

 

I am going to thread on some thin ice here, so throw me a life-line if I go too far out.

 

Many Christians (me definitely included) beat themselves up regularly for their sinful failures.  Why do we respond this way?  Is it God accusing us?  No.  As far as East is from West He has separated our sin from us (Psalm 103:12).  As Paul says in Romans 8:1-4:
 

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

 

So why do we have this reaction to sin in our lives?  If God is not accusing us then who is?  Well, Revelation 12:10 calls Satan "the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night"

 

So God does not remember our sin but Satan accuses us continually.  Who are we going to listen to?

 

Please do not construe this to mean I am condoning any sin – I am not – but we need to remember that we will live in this sinful body as long as we are in this world.  We "all fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).  Note the present tense in that scripture. 

 

Yes, we will fail.  We will stumble in the battle.  But God is thrilled that we have entered the battle and is right there with us, encouraging us to get back on our feet and continue the fight!

 

 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you,

Bruce

 

 

Dear God,

 

Help me.

 

Give me an understanding that I am not this body that does things in the world, but part of your unending Love.

Allow me to see the beauty that you see in me.

Allow me to understand that since you re-created me Innocent and part of You, then that is what I am.

 

Father, this feeling of guilt has brought me to you, so I am grateful for it.

 

I now replace these thoughts of guilt with a quiet trust.

I hand this over to you, God.

When I find myself feeling/behaving the same way, I remember that you are working in me to bring change.

I am not on my own with this.

 

Thank you, God.

 

You are a big God, and this problem is small for you.

I place myself in your hands.

Thank you for the peace you bring to my heart.

 

May I be blessed and be a blessing.

Thank you.

 

Amen.

 

 

(adapted from http://www.a-spiritual-journey-of-healing.com/prayer-for-forgiveness.html)

 

Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment