Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Daily Prayer - I believe, Lord - Help my unbelief!

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

 

A few of you responded to the content of yesterday's post and about the web site I mentioned (http://www.4truth.net/).  I believe it is so important for all followers of Christ to understand just how much real evidence there is for our faith.  If you believe something simply because someone told you it was true, the first time you encounter someone with what seem like effective arguments against it you will have nothing to fall back on.  Likewise if you encounter health, financial or other challenges and do not have a solid foundation for your faith it can be prone to failure.

 

In Acts chapter 17, Paul commends the Bereans "for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true" (Acts 17:11b).

 

Another resource that I recommend is Timothy Keller's The Reason for God.  It is available in printed or e-book format, and does a great job of answering the tough questions we face when discussing faith.  The first, shorter part of the book looks at popular arguments against God's existence, while the second builds on general arguments for God to culminate in a sharp focus on the redemptive work of God in Christ.

 

All this to say – do some research!  You will find it encouraging and faith building.

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

P.S.  There has been a lot written and said about Steve Jobs since his passing.  I thought this article was a great reflection on this topic:  http://www.businessweek.com/management/idolize-bill-gates-not-steve-jobs-11012011.html

 

 

I do believe, Lord; help me overcome my unbelief! (Mark 9:24b)

 

 

 
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment