Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Daily Prayer - Sprititual Partners

 

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

 

I just wanted to add a few more words on accountability.  It is not only for our weaknesses to temptation that we need accountability, but also for spiritual disciplines such as prayer, Bible reading, keeping a Sabbath rest, etc. 
 
Is someone helping you and encouraging you to maintain these? 
 
Are you doing the same for someone else? 
 
The "two are better than one" applies here as well.  Just as in physical exercise programs, having a partner makes it much easier to attain our spiritual goals.

 

Do you have such a partner?

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

Lord Jesus Christ,

while on earth you had close and devoted friends,

such as John. Lazarus, Martha and Mary.

You showed in this way that friendship

is one of life's great blessings.

 

Thank you for the friends that you have given me

to love me in spite of my failures and weaknesses,

and to enrich my life after your example.

Let me ever behave toward them

as you behaved toward your friends.

 

Bind us close together in you and enable us

to help one another on our earthly journey.

 

Amen.

  
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment