Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Daily Prayer - Doubts ...

Good Monday morning, my friends.

 

My journey to faith was just that: a journey.  There was no "ah-ha!" epiphany moment where I "got it".  Instead it took me three years of research into the origins of Christianity and the credibility of the Bible – particularly the New Testament.  As I approached the end of those many months I became more and more convinced of the solid block of evidence for the birth, life, death and (most importantly) resurrection of Jesus.

 

But even though the veil has been lifted from my eyes, there are still times when serious doubts creep in.  There is no surprise in this: doubts are not the opposite of faith, but rather a component of it. (In fact, Doubt is not the enemy of faith, blind fanaticism is.)  When this happens, I find it a good practice to go back and review some of the evidence.  There are lots of sources for this, particularly on the Internet, but one I came across last week is this one: http://www.4truth.net/.  If you are experiencing doubts, or just want to have some questions answered, check this out.

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

 

Lord Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God and the Savior of the world.

 

Sometimes doubt assails me, making me confused and frightened.

 

I know that this is because we still walk in the shadows of faith while on earth, relying on the testimony of those who have seen and believed.

 

But I am still affected to some extent and somewhat shaken by such doubts.

 

Make me realize that our doubts are the price which we have to pay for the fulfillment of the universe in Christ and the very condition of that fulfillment.

 

We must be prepared to press on to the end along a road on which each step makes us more certain, toward horizons that are ever more shrouded in mists.

 

All the while we bring forth fruits worthy of our new life such as charity, joy, and service of others.

 

In so doing, we ourselves become for others living signs of the power of Christ's resurrection which the Holy Spirit sets in motion in the Church.

 

Amen.

 

(http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/doubt.htm)

 

 
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment