Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Wednesday afternoon, my friends.

 

Now this is an interesting prayer: "thank you for my thorns."  How often do we say that to God?  We tend to thank Him when the thorns are removed, but rarely while they are still piercing us.  This is challenging, but a life of faith is nothing if not challenging.

 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,

Bruce 

 

"My God, I have never thanked You for my thorns.

 

I have thanked You a thousand times for my roses, but never once for my thorns.

 

Teach me the glory of the cross I bear;

Teach me the value of my thorns.

 

Show me that I have climbed closer to You along the path of pain;

Show me that, through my tears, the colors of Your rainbow look much more brilliant."

 

Prayer taken from the story, "Thankful for the Thorns"

 

(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/a-prayer-of-thanks-for-lifes-thorns/)

 
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment