Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Daily Prayer - Do something!

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
I want to challenge each and every one of you to do something this week, this day even, that advances the Kingdom of God.
 
Talk to that friend or family member about Jesus.  Start a Bible study and invite your neighours.  Volunteer to serve the poor with a faith-based organization that will allow you to share the Gospel.  What is that thing that God has been whispering in your ear?  Do it!  Step out of the boat!
 
And if you feel like it isn't the right time, that you aren't prepared, that you aren't adequate - GREAT!  Give all of the responsibility of making it happen to God.  And give Him all the credit when it does!
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. " Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
 This was in a devotional I read this morning:
"Do you want more wine? Then fill the jugs with water." "Do you want to get well? Get up!" "Are they hungry? Find them some food." "Do you want to see? Go wash in the pool." "Do you want to be resurrected? Come out of that tomb." (See John 5:6-8, 6:5-6, 9:1-7, 11:38-44.) Go do something! Get busy. Make the call. Write the check. Schedule the meeting. Do you believe? Act! (http://www.christianitytoday.com/moi/2012/003/may/17.17.html)
I am going to walk-the-walk on this one.  This morning I posted a notice on the bulletin board where I work, inviting men to join me for a Bible study based on the movie COURAGEOUS.  I have been in my current location since the first of April and have yet to connect with another Christian.  Please pray boldly that men will come forward.  And if you send me a note telling me what your plan is to advance the Kingdom this week, then I and the others here will pray for God to act with you and through you.
 
One final thought: Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for power equal to your tasks.—Phillips Brooks (bishop, hymn writer)
 
Where are you, men and women of courage??
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 
Lord God,
 
you have called your servants
to ventures of which we cannot see the ending,
by paths as yet untrodden,
through perils unknown.
 
Give us faith to go out with good courage,
not knowing where we go,
but only that your hand is leading us
and your love supporting us;
 
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment