Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Daily Prayer - Share the hope

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
I hope and pray you had a wonderful Victoria Day long weekend.  If it was anywhere near as hot where you are as it was here in Ottawa (30 degrees or so all 3 days) then I hope you were able to stay cool.  (I have a brand new A/C compressor in my car.  And by in my car I mean sitting in a box on the passenger seat waiting to be installed.  Timing is everything!)
 
Last Thursday I challenged you to take action - to do something to further the Kingdom of God in your sphere of influence.  My own effort (inviting men at my workplace to a Bible study) has been met with a deafening silence - no replys as of yet.  But I trust that God led me to that task for a reason and is either now working through the Holy Spirit to convince men to step up, or He is using that invitation in some way I cannot even fathom. (Please pray that His will would be accomplished here.)
 
So what about you?  Have you started something?  Are you planning something?  Did you simply delete my message?  Spend a few minutes in prayer today, now, asking God to give you courage to step out of the boat, or at least dip your big toe in the water.  Start simple.  Maybe get to know your neighbours. Begin a relationship that will allow you, at the right time, to share the hope you have within you.  Invite them to a BBQ?  Do something ... 

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things" (Rom. 10:15). Is there any greater duty to be done for the kingdom? How beautiful it is. We must share the gospel. Without it, there is no forgiveness, no redemption, no salvation, no everlasting life. If God is truly for us, how can the world be against us? He gives us comfort in the face of affliction. His yoke is easy and burden is light when sufferings bear us down.

Take courage. Go share the gospel with the world.

(http://jamespruch.wordpress.com/2007/08/11/courage-and-the-gospel/)

 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
"Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel. For this I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should"  (Eph 6:19-20)
 
Give me a caring heart, oh Lord, to love and seek the lost.
 
Overcome my fear and grant me courage to share my hope of salvation with those who have no hope.
 
Make me faithful in my daily life so that all I say and do may glorify you.
 
Amen.
(http://archive.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?2617&contentID=95657&collectionID=881&seq=5)

 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment