Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Daily Prayer - Humility

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
In Matthew 5:5 Jesus says "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth".  At least that is what He says in the New International Version translation.  In The Message paraphrase it reads: "You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought".
 
This speaks to be about one word: humility.  Focusing on who I really am (a forgiven sinner, but still a sinner none-the-less), and Who God is, helps to keep me humble. That word, humility, has come up several times in the past few days.  Maybe He is trying to tell me something?
 
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours!
Bruce
 
 
Father, I choose to heed the words of Scripture that caution us not to be a proud people or destruction will fall upon anything that I have built in my own strength for my self-glory. 
 
I want my heart to be filled with godly gratitude instead of a prideful attitude so that it deflects that which is about me and reflects all that is about You. 
 
In the same spirit as John I cry out, "Help me to decrease so that You will increase in my life."
 
More of Jesus, less of me, I pray. 
 
Amen.
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment