Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Daily Prayer -

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
The joy of the Lord is your strength!  That is what God says in Nehemiah 8:10.  Wow.  Imagine what it would feel like to see God's face light up when He sees you.  And it does - you bring Him Joy!  He created you for that reason. You no longer need to wonder what your purpose is - it is to give God joy! 
 
If I could live with that thought in my mind every day, I would certainly have a great deal more strength to deal with life and to walk in faith.  I bet your could too.
 
 
Grace and peace and strength be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
 
 
Father, I consider the words of Nehemiah who wrote, "The joy of the Lord is my strength" and Solomon who reminds us that "A cheerful heart is good medicine."
 
Both verses speak about matters of the heart where we store up Your love, joy and goodness.
 
Help us not to rely solely on external stimulus to bring forth a smile, but let our smiles be contagious as they are evidence of Your abundance within in our lives. 
 
Help us to find a person today who has no smile so that we can pass ours onto her or him.
 
In the Name of Christ Jesus we pray. 
 
Amen.
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment