Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

Daily Prayer - Make me an alphabet of your peace

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
My sister, Beth, shared this wonderful prayer/poem on Facebook (I guess there is a good use for it!). 
 
Have a wonderful weekend my friends.
 
(If you ever want to be a "Guest Blogger" for this message, I would love to share a prayer you write or discover, and if you are so inclined please include your thoughts on said prayer.)
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
Help my words.
 
Sometimes black on page
Sometimes sound on stage –
Either way:Let them not
Hack bleeding gashes
Leaving faces in the ashes
And other bad lines of poetry.
  
Let them land like
Soft
Thuds
Of truth in supple minds
Breaking God-craving hearts with
Gentle sharp conviction.
 
Oh Jesus.
Help my words.
  
Let smug words be
Shushed
By the (gulp)
Of pride swallowed.
 
Let love words be
Loud
Like life and hope
Let laugh words dance
Light
Like cappuccino froth and candles
 
Make me an alphabet of your peace.
 
Oh Jesus.
Help my words.
 
'For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.' – Matthew 12:34
 
deeryburn
 
  
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment