Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Daily Prayer - Shameless audacity!

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
Do you ever pray with shameless audacity?  Do you think God would be offended by such prayers?  Apparently not!  In teaching his disciples how to pray, Jesus tells this story: 
"Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread;  a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.'  And suppose the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.'  I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Luke 11:5-10)

Did you catch that?  Jesus said the request was granted because of "shameless audacity".  When we boldly pray and expect God to act, it is not our reputation that is on the line, it is His!  God is the one Who promised that whatever we ask for in His name, He will grant.  Think of the story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18:1-40) where the prophet calls upon God to send fire to comsume the sacrifice on the alter.  God defends His own name by answering the prayer.
 
So when you ask, ask confidently. When you seek, seek diligently.  When you knock, knock boldy.  And the God who is determined to keep His name hallowed will act accordingly.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 
Father, please invigorate my prayer life with passion that does not quit. 
 
Show me the needs before me and fill my heart with audacious persistent
until I press in for the salvation and deliverance of my family and friends. 
 
In Jesus' name, amen.
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment