Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Daily Prayer - Not sufficient

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

I have found through experience that my own strength is not sufficient.  It is not sufficient to resist temptation.  It is not sufficient to keep me humble.  It is not sufficient to keep me regularly reading my Bible and praying.  It is not sufficient to make me the husband, father, friend, or worker that I need to be.  My strength is definitely not sufficient.

But I have also found that when I am struggling in one of these areas (or a myriad of others) if I turn to the Lord, and lean on Him, He gives me the strength.  And when I don't do that, the results are not pretty.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Is your strength sufficient?


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce

Lord Jesus, help me to remain faithful to You and your calling upon my life.  

Strengthen and grow my faith as I daily search Your Scriptures and apply their truths to my spiritual walk.  

As I go through the trials and experiences of my earthly journey would You fix my eyes and my ever-wandering heart upon Jesus. 

When the howling winds and forceful storms of this life attempt to shipwreck my faith may they instead prove my faith to be more than sufficient to withstand the continual assaults from the enemy.  

Because I take refuge in Jesus my spiritual foundation is firm, always dependable, and leads me to glorious victory.  

Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment