Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

By the grace of God, I am not what I was

Good Monday morning, my friends.

I have been on this journey of faith for about 10 years.  Actually, it started about three years prior to that when I completely rejected "religion", but started on an odyssey of discovery.  I have learned many things on this journey, but one lesson that has been very difficult for me is to not condemn myself for my failures.  I see His example and long to be like Christ, but over and over again I fail in thought, word and deed.  But, as Paul tells us in Romans 8:1, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus".  If God does not condemn me, what right do I have to do so?  If you have been flogging yourself for not being perfect, then you, as I, have committed the sin of pride.  There was, and is, only One who is Perfect.  And He died so that we would be free from condemnation.  All condemnation, even our own.  So live with me in that freedom today.

Take these words from John Newton (author of Amazing Grace) to heart:

I am not what I ought to be,

I am not what I want to be,

I am not what I hope to be,

But by the grace of God,
I am not what I was.


Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Lord, thank you for today. 

Thank you for the opportunity to live and impact this world for Christ today. While I often times take for granted the very air I breathe, I wish to acknowledge that today and give you thanks.

I thank you for the people that you have placed in my life that minister to me, and those in which I am responsible for ministering to. 

I thank you for my job, and I pray that with all I accomplish, you'll receive all of the glory, honor, and praise.

Lord, I thank you for my church family and their encouragement. I thank you also for their commitment to serving you, and the body, with the gifts that you've blessed them with.

And Lord most of all I want to thank you for Jesus and the salvation that He has provided to me. I'm grateful for his tremendous love and I'm encouraged to know that whatever this day holds for me, He is right there with me! Thank you for that truth, O God!

In the name of Jesus I give you thanks,
Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment