Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Difficult times, spiritual growth

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

I had a couple of conversations yesterday with a family member who is going through a very difficult time right now - financially, relationally and emotionally. (She is on this list, and I ask you to offer a prayer that God will bring peace and joy to her and that His will be done in her life.)  As we talked, I recalled the times in my life that were the most difficult, the most heart breaking.  And I told her that as I look back now, many of my greatest blessings came to me BECAUSE of those times, not IN SPITE of them.  (I met my incredible, lovely wife because of one of these circumstances.)  When we are hurting and suffering, it means God is working in our lives.  It is just really difficult to see at the time.  If this is you right now, please take heart - it truly is "darkest before the dawn".  It is so difficult to lay those burdens at His feet and trust Him, but that is exactly what He wants us to do.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce

Father, when the tough times come, you are doing something to test me and refine me. 

Its easy to want out of those tough time quickly, but I pray to You now and say, "Don't take the tough times away until your purpose for that hard circumstance has been accomplished in my life." 

I don't ever want to shy away from what you are doing in me and through me.

Help me to see the lesson you are teaching me.

Help me to be content in all circumstances, even these.

In Jesus' holy name, I pray.  Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


1 comment:

  1. This is the life motto I have come to know, experience and live by daily. I wouldn't trade what He has done in my darkest hours for anything. Yes, I wished they hadn't been so painful, but the benefit far out weighs the pain in the end. The best part of it all, is that as a renewed person, I am able to take my story forth and share it with others who are suffering by offering compassion and love while giving God all the glory for what He has done in my mess. It is truly an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

    All of these challenges and pains have helped chisel me into who I am today. He is doing a good work in me, through all different types of experiences....some happy, some terribly difficult. There is peace in knowing that the pain is not for "nothing", there is a goal for the greater good in it. It helps me to endure it knowing and trusting in His promise. It also allows me to look at him instead of the circumstance. (which can be a challenge for me at times).

    Have a great day. Thanks for sharing.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete