Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

A taste of heaven

Good Friday morning, my friends.

Have you ever been to an event where thousands of people are singing the same song of praise?  Or better yet, and old hymn like "Amazing Grace"?  I have been to a number of Promise Keepers events here in Ottawa and in Toronto.  To stand and listen to 5000+ men belting out "The Old Rugged Cross" with all their hearts is an amazing thing.  It makes me try to imagine what life will be like in heaven.  We get a tantalizing taste of this in Revelation 5:11-14:

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: 
   "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, 
   to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength 
   and honor and glory and praise!"

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: 
   "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb 
   be praise and honor and glory and power, 
         for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.

Wow.  Kinda makes you wanna be there, no?

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Lord God you are my only God
Diligently I seek you
My mind longs for you
My mind thirsts for you as if I am in a desert without water.

Lord with you I am safe as I have seen your power and your glory in Jesus Christ.
Because your love is better than life
I will sing your praises
I will praise you as long as I live
And your name I will lift up with my hands
My mind is satisfied with your rich wisdom
And with singing lips I will praise you all my life

Lord I will rejoice and praise your name as you are God.
Through Jesus Christ alone is salvation.
Praise be to the Lord my God.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment