Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Equal opportunity prayer

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

I don't know about you, but I find that I do not always give "equal opportunity" to the three Persons of the Trinity.  My prayers are typically directed to either the Father or the Son - the Holy Spirit tends to be "neglected".  I think it is because I have a hard time visualizing the Holy Spirit.  So today I try to restore the balance!  I love the simplicity and power of this prayer.  

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy

Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work too may be holy

Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy

Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy

Guide me then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


1 comment:

  1. Great prayer, Bruce. I'm writing it in my journal right now. I love this resource (i.e. the blog) and plan to use it often in my worship leading and personal devotions.
    Thanks mate
    Dan

    ReplyDelete