Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Finding "God's will" in my life

Good Friday morning, my friends.

I don't know about you, but trying to figure out what "God's will" is for my life is a very foggy process most of the time.  There have been those few times in my life where I have definitely felt His saying "Bruce, this is what I want you to do."  But, like I said, those times are few.  Most of the time I feel like I am left to figure it out on my own.  My guess is that this is what free-will is all about.  When confronted with a choice between A and B, and God does not seem to guide me either way (provided I have sought His direction), my feeling is that He just wants me to choose one, ask His blessing on the decision, and He will do so.

This prayer expresses my personal desire to live a life that pleases God.  May it be your prayer today too.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Jesus, help me to determine in my heart that Your words, "Follow Me" will far surpass the importance of any other mission I am called to in my life time.  

I pray that my goals, achievements, and ambitions never conflict with the major calling You have placed on my life.  

Lord, may all that I pursue establish for me a firm foundation where my faith will grow and where I bring glory to Your name, both in life and in death.  Amen.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


2 comments:

  1. Bruce,
    I know exactly what you are saying here. Brother, you are not alone. The free will stuff can get glossy at times. But I feel that God does want to direct you to His will for you. I can start to explain are ramble on, but if you haven't read the book from John Eldredge "Walking with God" Then I will encourage you to take a look. I found this book helped me alot to seek the Lord and how to seek his guidance in my everyday life. Don't be discourage, He will come, just not the way you think He will come....That's God for you.
    "Lord Jesus, I pray for brother Bruce. Come Lord and be apart of this topic. Bruce is seeking your will for his life O'Lord. May we stop and check where our hearts are before we continue. I pray Jesus, that in today that you build Bruces heart to seek you feverously. The hunger that longs for you Lord, Come and fill his heart. Give him Your insight of wisdom and understanding for the things that You God, have planned for him. I pray in Jesus name, Amen"

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,

    Thank you for the prayer - it is deeply appreciated. Thanks also for the book recommendation - I will keep my eye open for it.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete