Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I come with my reputation and testimony

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

This morning I send to you, perhaps appropriately, an ancient Celtic prayer.  It is prayer that reinforces our concept of the Trinity of God.  In the second verse, it says we come to Jesus with our reputation and our testimony, for that is all we have.  The rest we receive from Him.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce



Come I this day to the Father,

Come I this day to the Son,

Come I to the Holy Spirit powerful;

Come I this day with God,

Come I this day with Christ,

Come I with the Spirit of kindly balm.



God, and Spirit, and Jesus,

From the crown of my head

To the soles of my feet;

Come I with my reputation,

Come I with my testimony,

Come I to you, Jesu;

Jesu, shelter me.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment