Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I love you Lord

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

Yesterday in the car I was listening to Chapter 7 of the Gospel of Luke.  In there is the story of a "sinful" woman who cleans Jesus' feet with her tears, wipes them with her hair, and anoints Him with oil.  A pharisee named Simon sees this and thinks to himself  "This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner." (Luke 7:39b).  Jesus, knowing what the man was thinking, says basically "Simon, I want to tell you a story" this is the exchange that follows:

"There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.  And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?

Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." 

And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.

Certainly I have heard and read this story numerous times, as you may have, but this time it really struck home.  I was both parties in this story!  I have been forgiven much, yet I have not wept at his feet and wiped them with my hair - OK that might be a little difficult - but you know what I mean.  I did not "love him more" or love him as much as I should.  I love it when my eyes and ears are opened when I read (or listen) to scripture.  What is God saying to YOU in scripture today?


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce



Most Precious Lord Jesus…

Gentle And Wonderful God…

Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit…

In your arms I find comfort and rest from the pain of my life.

Thank you for this time of reflection and meditation.
Thank you for these moments I spend basking in your comforting love and restful truth.

I love you Lord.

I need you this day to give me your comfort and rest so I can move out and move onward to serve you.
According to your will, may I always be able to give your comfort and rest to others.

During the coming days take my burdens and replace them with your Light.
During the coming days give me a break from the unending woes and afflictions trying to take me down.
During the coming days please give me your comfort so I can find new strength, new wisdom, new power to be your child.

In your presence, may I always find your comforting and restful peace as I have always found your comfort and rest in days gone by.

As you bless me with your comfort and rest, help me be a better person of faith.
As you bless me with your comfort and rest, touch the lives and hearts of everyone I pray for each day.

If you must make a choice between touching others with your comfort and rest or touching me, let others be touched first.

All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment