Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Abba, Father, I want to be a man who ...

Good Monday morning, my friends.

I love this prayer.  I love it because it shows me where I am now, and where I want to be in my relationship with God.  It gives some perspective on life that under normal circumstances (whatever that is) we do not take the time reflect upon.  It is like taking a deep breath, assessing the current situation, and then starting to move on with our eye on the target.

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce


Abba, Father, I want to be a man (or woman)...
...who rises early,
...who eases into the day, thinking of prayer before food, spiritual above physical,
...who works hard, but not frantically,
...who creates, not just functions,
...who eats lightly and healthily,
...who exercises but not slavishly--to be in shape and to be useful, not impressive,
...who knows and expects that unexpected things will happen, and keeps enough margin in his month, week, and day to cope with the unexpected,
...who is confident enough of your pleasure that he doesn't sweat pleasing others,
...who is focused but not myopic, 
...who knows how to rest, how to say no, and how to do without,
...who does justly, loves mercy, and walks humbly with you...

Make it so, Lord, please, in Jesus' name, amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment