Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Lord, Your resources are not vast, they are limitless!


Good Friday morning, my friends.

Do you ever hear that little voice telling you that you can't do something?  Telling you that you aren't smart enough?  Aren't experienced enough?  Aren't skilled enough?  

Is this particularly true when you feel called to do some form of ministry or service?

I know that voice all too well.  And the irony is that the voice is usually right!  We are not able to do a lot of the things we are called to do, at least not in our own power.  That's the whole point of FAITH - relying on God's power to accomplish what we could not possibly do on our own.

And just how powerful is God?  Is His power vast?  NO!  It is LIMITLESS!  We so often box God in by seeing Him in human terms.  As you pray this prayer, see Him in His terms.


Grace and peace to you in abundance,
Bruce



Lord, 
your immensity reminds me that your resources are not vast,
they are limitless,
because you are limitless.

You may call on any number--
an infinite number--
of resources to accomplish your will,
because you lack nothing, 
and all you possess you possess in infinite number!

So, 
are you telling me about something you want to accomplish in me?
Through me?
I know that nothing is too hard for you. 
I open my heart and will....
pour into them whatever you choose, in Jesus' name, amen.





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment