Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

The future...

Good Friday morning, my friends.

Yesterday I watched this short (10 minute) video from ABC News.  It is an interview with 5 young evangelical leaders - none of whom I have ever heard of before.  I was very very impressed with the way they conducted themselves, even while being baited with questions on hot-button issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage.  

What a difference from the current crop of "right-wing fundamentalist Christians" who now dominate the media in the US (and to a certain extent in Canada).  The grace extended by these folks, even to their predecessors in that political spectrum, is inspiring.  It makes me personally feel that the church is adjusting course back to a New Testament / First Century heading.

Have a wonderful weekend.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you,
Bruce


Father, although I cannot see the future You have planned,
And though the path is sometimes dark and hard to understand,
Yet give me faith, through joy and pain to trace Your loving hand.
When I recall that in the past your promises have stood
Through each perplexing circumstance and every changing mood,
I rest content that all things work together for my good.
Whatever, then, the future brings of good or seeming ill,
I ask for strength to follow You and grace to trust You still;
And I would look for no reward, except to do Your will.






Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment