Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

What we can learn from the kids

Good Thursday morning, my friends.


(Apologies to anyone who received yesterdays message 3 - or more - times.  And if you receive this one multiple times!  Server issues ...)


I really like this article by John Fischer:



What we can learn from the kids
by John Fischer

kidsThank goodness Jesus didn't grab a 30 year-old man and say, "Unless you become as one of these, you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."

No, it's the children he wants us to emulate. Why do you suppose?

Here are some possibilities:

Kids don't have to be right.

Kids will try anything.

Kids don't care about their reputations.

Kids don't care about skin color, nationality, religion or politics.

Kids can make mistakes.

Kids don't hold grudges.

Kids forgive and forget.

Kids don't keep score.

Kids can make friends with anybody.

Kids don't know the value of money.

Kids don't care what the trends are.

Kids trust, hope, and believe.

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)

John FischerForward this email
The Catch Online

Find your "inner-child" and pray this prayer through them.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you,
Bruce


Be near me, Lord Jesus!
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me, I pray.

Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there.

Amen.






Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment