Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Slow me down, Lord

Good Friday morning, my friends.


We are almost at Halloween, which means the Christmas "season" is just around the corner.  Perhaps before we get caught up in that whirlwind we can take the time to reflect with this prayer.

Also, a good friend of mine (thanks, Walter) sent me an email with the pencil sketches below.  I love the love that Jesus displays in these pictures - But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Luke 18:16)


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you,
Bruce

Slow me down, Lord.
Sometimes I find myself going 100 miles an hour.

Too fast to see you.
Too fast to hear you.
Too fast to feel your touch.
Too fast to know your will for me.

Today, Lord, help me to step off the treadmill
And wait for you.

Amen








Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment