Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday February 12, 2010 - Pride

Good Friday morning, my friends.

I don't know about you, but I have a constant struggle with my pride. There is an old story about a monk who had this difficulty, and decided to humble himself by walking up and down a busy street all day wearing a sandwich board sign which said that "Jesus saves sinners like me" (or something to that effect). When he got back to his room that evening, he said to himself - "wow - not just anybody could do something like that!" So much for the humility. And that is the great catch-22 with humility - as soon as we think we have it, it's gone. So the key is to focus on God and not us, to loose ourselves in Him, and to give all the credit and glory to Him. Please pray this for me and for you today.

Grace and peace to you,
Bruce

P.S. - it was bound to happen sooner or later. I started collecting these messages in a blog I have started. You can find them here --> The Celtic Christian.



Today, make known to me, and take from my heart, every kind, form and degree of pride.

Today, empty me of self, and awaken in me the deepest depth and truth of that humility which can make me capable of your revealing light.

Today, do not allow attribution to me, for the good that you perform in me and through me, but rather, that all honor be to you.

Today, may your presence in me, and your work through me, testify of your holiness and saving grace.

Help me to die to self each day, and continuously seek your glorification in all that I think or do.

This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the exemplar of humility.

Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / 613.489.4174(Home) 613.720.0821(Cell)

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment