Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday February 25, 2010 - Refined by challenges

Good Thursday morning, my friends!

Some challenges I have faced recently have helped me to have a better perspective on what is truly important in my life.  Often I have prayed that these challenges be removed, but as I look back I can see that these things have had a purpose in my walk of faith.  So as I contemplate the current challenges, I say "thank you, God" for these.  It is a half-hearted thank you, though.  It is difficult to be thankful for a trial while we endure it, but I can look forward to looking back and seeing His hand at work in my life once again.

How about you - what challenges are you facing?  Have major challenges in your past turned out to be blessings?  Can you trust that God is working this out for your good?

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce



Father, we don’t pray for a life of ease since we know that virtues listed in Scripture are often refined in our lives through the challenges, the overcomings, the mistakes and the hours we spend in prayer seeking You above all else. 

May the nature of Christ be much more visible than our human nature so that we are truly a reflection of Your image that is stamped deep in our hearts. 

We desire to “follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience and meekness” so that we are truly fruitful in our pursuit of holiness. Amen.




Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment