Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday February 15, 2010 - Love!

Good Monday morning, my friends.

In honour of yesterday being Valentine's Day, I thought it only appropriate to use a prayer on Love.  This prayer is derived from what has become one of my favorite scriptures: 1 Corinthians 13.

I say "become" because I used to yawn every time I heard it.  Which was, of course, at (almost) every wedding I have ever been too, including my own. 

But God has spoken to me several times through this passage.  The first time was when He revealed to me that it is does not only apply to the husband/wife relationship, but to every relationship we will ever have, however short or long.  The second was when He revealed to me that it describes a love that is not truly possible for humans (which was load lightening because I always felt inadequate when I heard it): instead, it is the love that God has for us.

Grace, peace, faith, hope and love to you today,
Bruce


We ask you Lord to fill us with a love with a love that is patient and kind; a love that does not envy or boast and is not arrogant, rude, selfish, irritable or resentful.

We ask you Lord to fill us with a love that rejoices with the truth; a love that bears all things; a love that believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.

We ask you to fill us with your kind of love because that love is everlasting; that kind of love hangs in there when all other love stops. 

We praise you Father for the gifts of faith, hope and love, but especially for love.. because it is the greatest gift.. because of love you gave your only begotten Son.. help us to love with that kind of love.

Amen



Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment