Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday February 23, 2010 - God's patience

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

This prayer speaks of the coming judgement, and God's patience as he waits for all who will come to repentance.   I am tempted to say (and in fact started to type) that I am grateful for the extra time so that I can clean up my own act.  Then I realized the danger and error in that thought.  It would have meant that I can do something for my own salvation.  Which, of course, I cannot.  It has all been done for me.  So while God gives me more time I will work to clean up some of those spots, but not because I think it will get me a better seat at the banquet, rather because I love God enough to obey Him and desire wholeheartedly not to disappoint Him.  Sounds like a parent/child relationship - maybe I am making some progress!

Do you too sometimes fall into that snare of works vs faith?  Remember, salvation comes by faith and faith alone.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Father, I can’t determine the exact day You will judge the earth, but the Bible judges the thoughts and attitudes of my heart each time I read it or meditate upon its truths.  

Help me to apply Your promises and commands to my life so that when the day of the Lord comes like a thief I will be prepared.  

Help me to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with You.  

Father God, Your patience means salvation for the many who will soon come to repentance.  

I want to  diligently pray for their souls, be bold in my witness, and exemplary in my Christian walk as I await the day of Your appearing.  

In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.



Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment