Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday February 19, 2010 - Lay your burdens down

Good Friday morning, my friends.

Reading this prayer this morning, I could feel my shoulders relax and tension leave my body.  It helped me to lay down the burdens of my day.  I pray it does for you too.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Dear Lord,

You are my Father, and you love me. You desire only what is best in my life. Help me to rest in You, to abide in You, and to trust in You.

Shine the light of Your word on my path that I might follow in Your footsteps instead of making my own way in the world.

Pour Your love in and through me that I might love those you bring into my life. Sometimes it is hard, Lord, especially when they give so many reasons to be hurt or angry instead.

Teach me to judge only the thoughts and intents of my own heart, to give to You that which causes my heart to become hard and callous, and to become pliable in Your Hand.

May I learn to trust you more each day, to thank you for each blessing you bestow, and to cherish every breath.

May I treasure every loved one, forgive their mistakes and misdeeds, and remember that they won't be around forever.

And, Lord let Your presence be with those whose hearts are hurting so deeply today. Help them to know Your love and comfort.

Amen



Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment