Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday February 18, 2010 - Being tested and humbled in the desert

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

This morning as I was listening to the radio, I heard this scripture referenced:  Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. (Deuteronomy 8:2)

This got me thinking about yesterday's prayer (I never promised you a rose garden), about when there are times we just don't feel like doing the "God thing".  Sometimes we choose to do follow Him, sometimes not.  This scripture connected the dots for me.  God leads us through these times in the desert, times where we do not feel his presence, where we feel alone, in order to test and humble us.  The key is to be aware of it, recognize it for what it is, and choose to follow.  He wants our obedience, and there is great rejoicing in heaven when we choose to obey.  Why not join in the rejoicing?

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


We ask him to strengthen you by his glorious might with all the power you need to patiently endure everything with joy.
(Colossians 1:11)

Almighty God, who has given me the desire to do right and helped me to do your service, strengthen me to persevere.

Give me the endurance to serve you, and perform my duties.

When I am weary in my good efforts, remind me that the ways of sin are pathways to destruction.

In my darkness of discouragement, give me the light of your presence.

Your Word tells us that, “he who endures to the end shall be saved.” Help me to endure and not fall from your grace.

I ask in Jesus’ name.
Amen.




Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to  contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment