Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday February 17, 2010 - I never promised you a rose garden

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine, 
There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

I am sure most of you recognize those lyrics from a song sung by Lynn Anderson (written by Joe South).  I think those words could have been spoken by Jesus about the difficulty of following Him.  Some days (many days) it is simply hard.  Some days I don't feel like worshiping; I don't feel close to God.  I don't want to avoid all the things this world has to offer that I know aren't good for me.  And, to be honest, there are days that I simply don't follow Him.  I rebel, I reject.  But like a patient parent waiting for the tantrum to end, He is there when I come to my senses and turn back to Him (my own version of the Prodigal Son parable?). His grace is sufficient.  Thank you Lord.

Grace and peace to you today,
Bruce


Father, there is no one or no thing that is worthy of our complete allegiance, but You, our Lord, who has the words of eternal life.  

Though others may refuse to listen or turn away from the message of salvation we choose to persevere.  

We persevere in trial and in victory, in the ups and downs and in the in-betweens of everyday circumstances.  

We seek to do Your will in all things so that we will be richly rewarded with eternity in Your holy, glorious presence.  In the name of Jesus we persevere.   Amen.



Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment