Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday February 24, 2010 - Do you want to be an overcomer?


Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

I was reminded recently of some incredible promises Jesus makes in the book of Revelation.  I have been reading them and meditating on them and I find them very inspiring and reassuring.  Ponder these today, and then ask yourself this question:  "Do I want to be an overcomer?"

Revelation 2:7 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.' 

Revelation 2:11 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.' 

Revelation 2:17 ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.' 

Revelation 2:25-29 ‘But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations – He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels – as I also have received from My father; and I will give him the morning star.’ 

Revelation 3:5 'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.’ 

Revelation 3:12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and I will write on him My new name.’ 

Revelation 22:14 ‘Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.’ 

Revelation 21:7 ‘He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.’


I want to be an overcomer.  I want to stand strong until the end.  I want Him to be my God, and me to be His son.  Forever.  How about you?

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


There are dark places in my Being, God. 

There are memories, circumstances, and scars that are unspeakable to me as I come before you. 

Heal my broken places, Dear God, and help me to feel my Wholeness. 

Bring me into the Light with You, God, and let me feel my fullness of Being as a Child of God.



Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment