Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Believe it or not, God wants us to enjoy this life!

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

God wants to give us so much more than we deserve or in many cases even desire.  It is OK to seek his blessing in every area of our lives provided we "seek first His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33).  We need to keep our focus on God and ask for His blessing so that we might be a blessing to others.

Ask and ye shall receive. (Matthew 7:7, Matthew 21:22, Luke 11:9, John 14:14)

We are to have life, and life to the fullest (John 10:10).  

We are to eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of our labour (Ecclesiastes 3:13).

Believe it or not, God wants us to enjoy this life!  (It took me many years to figure this out - I just hope you aren't as thick as I am (was?).


Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


I ask you to bless me. 
I ask you to bless me financially. 
I ask you to bless my family. 
I ask you to bless my marriage. 
I ask you to bless my work. 

But as you bless me, I also pray that you would keep my eyes focused on you, more than on the blessings. 

It is so easy to seek the blessings more than I seek you. Don't let me fall into that trap. 

As you bless me, keep my eyes focused on you.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment