Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Implementing change

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

As I review the teachings of this past weekend on creating "margin" in my life (see yesterday's post here if you missed it), I have to be careful to have patience in trying to implement any changes.  How often do we hear something that we get immediately excited about, thinking it is going to make a huge change in our lives, only to be back at the same place three weeks later?  It is reminiscent of the parable of the sower and the seed that fell on shallow ground.

Paul says "Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." (Romans 12:12).  Do you want to see change in your life?  Be intentional.  Be in prayer.  Be patient.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Dear Heavenly Father,

Praise be given to Your Holy name for Your forbearance and mercy. 

You have dealt gently with Your children in love. 

You have been patient with me in my humanness and stubbornness.

Lord, through the work of Your Spirit, prompt me to be 
more jubilant in hope, 
more patient in times of trouble, 
and more consistent in my prayer life. 

Teach me, Lord, to wait with faith and expectancy, 
and may my trials be seen as times for growth in grace. 




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment