Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Special Projects

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

Here is where I generally get myself into trouble - I think this life is about me.  I think that the stuff I have is mine to indulge in.  I think the time I have is mine to do with as I please.  How's that working out for me, you ask?  Yeah, not so good sometimes.

I have heard it said that after salvation, it's all about stewardship - how we spend the time, resources, and emotional energy we are given.  We are to spend them wisely, always keeping some in reserve for whatever "special projects" God has in mind for us.  If are schedules are so full, or our bank accounts so empty, or our spirit so drained that we cannot respond to these tasks, then we lose out on a huge blessing.

How is that working out for you?

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Don't ever let me be fooled into thinking that this life is mine or about me. 

You have bought my life with your blood. I am no longer mine. I am yours.

You also created everything. Everything was created by you and for you, not me. 

Don't let me live this life as if it's mine, as if is about me. 

Cause me to live for you and for your glory.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment