Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My bad.

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

Well, I thought I new what I was going to write about this morning.  That is, until I came across this prayer.

Yes, there is humour here, but it is funny (at least to me) because it contains more than a grain of truth.  I recognize myself in these words.  When Jesus said we were to become "as little children" before we could enter the Kingdom (Matthew 18:3), he meant trusting a loving god unconditionally as a little child trusts and loves a parent.  Not that we need to become (more) childish.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Lord, you said "Unless you become as little children, you will in no wise enter the kingdom of heaven."

I'm sorry for misapplying your words.
You didn't mean for me to become whiny,
impetuous,
self-centered,
and demanding, did you?

My bad.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment