Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

For the women who make a difference in our lives

Good Monday morning, my friends.

My sister, Beth, is visiting us with her husband and youngest child (Darryl and Lauren).  I have two other sister - Linda and Dorothy, as well as six brothers.

But it is my sisters who have been an inspiration to me for years.  Whatever life has thrown at these women, they have handled it with incredible strength, endurance, dignity and faith.  Today, I just want to honour them with this prayer.  Please lift this up for them, and for the wonderful women in your life.


Lord,

Thank you for the women who make a difference in our lives--
mothers, daughters, sisters, friends.

Thank you for the way you've created them...
to care, nurture, connect, bring life.

Thank you for their strength and courage,
their wisdom and humour.

We ask you to bless those who bless us.

Add more joy, hope, peace to their lives.

And for every bit of love they give,
bring much more in return.

Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment