Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

May the meditation of Your Word keep my focus on You, not myself this day.

Good Monday morning, my friends.

I love to start my day off with this kind of prayer.  It helps me to focus on God and His will rather than the busyness of my schedule.  It is a reminder that I need to be reading my Bible every day.  It is a prayer for humility and productivity.  May it bless you today.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Father, the mindset of the world too often is a driving force in the way I conduct myself day in and day out.  

But as I saturate myself in Your Holy Scriptures I am much more inclined to regard Your approval and Your direction in the way I live. 

May the meditation of Your Word keep my focus on You, not myself this day.  

Let my conversation be wholesome rather than empty or conniving so that I benefit both the listener and myself.  

Let the work of my hands be productive and helpful to others, my family and myself.  

Let it be a positive witness to unbelievers of the work You are doing within me.  

In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment