Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This journey of faith is to be lived out in community

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

Experience, and scripture, has taught me that this journey of faith is to be lived out in community, not in isolation.  We are all parts of the "body of Christ" (1 Corinthians 12:12-14), and as such we need to work together, supporting and loving one another.  If we want to be forgiven, we confess our sins to God.  If we want to be healed, we confess them to each other (James 5:16).  We must have deep, meaningful, involved relationships with other Christians.  This doesn't happen in church on a Sunday morning.  This happens in intimate, private, ongoing conversation.  If you do not have a person or small group to journey with in this life of faith, I strongly encourage you to find one.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


I pray that we become closer and closer as a family united.

I pray that we connect on a deeper and more spiritual level.

I pray that we appreciate and accept each other.

I pray that we love and support each other through thick and thin. 

I pray that we not take each other for granted.

I pray that we put judgments aside and truly listen to one another.

I pray that we understand that we are family for a reason 
and that we take advantage of that reason.

I pray that we forgive and forget any and all past hurts that we have caused each other, 
even if we didn't intentionally hurt the other.

I pray that we always have good intent when talking and sharing 
information with each other.

I pray that we are totally honest with each other and will 
not walk on egg shells at the expense of ourselves.

I pray that we really get to know each other and that we show interest 
in each other's lives.

I prayer that we be open to each other's point of view 
especially when that point of view does not match our own..

I pray that we put all of our past struggles and lack of communication behind us 
and go forward in a more positive, open, honest, and loving way.





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment